Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: 'Outer _'
Woodfire: 'Outer _'

.mp3    Woodfire_4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

It feels really good. I like the single voice in the verses and the panning effects. The only thing that jumped out at me is it feels a little too 'fat' in the low end. I think the kick and bass might overlap in some of the frequencies and they're building up a little too much.
Hi Javier, what transducers are you using e.g. speakers/headphones?
(02-06-2017, 02:53 PM)Max Headroom Wrote: Hi Javier, what transducers are you using e.g. speakers/headphones?

Hi Maxine:
I am using AKG 702 headphones with 112db red line monitor plugin to simulate near field monitors.
clever and confident use of FX to fill the stereo image. Overall I really like your approach and execution. Good job!

my only reservation is the balance between Kick, Bass and Vox as these are the three key elements upon which all the ear candy sits. To my ears, on my system it sounds like the kick and bass are locked together but that the vox is a bit disconnected, either through level or washed away slightly with FX. Its an aggressive vocal performance so it feels like it should be a smidge more upfront.

Cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar