Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outer "Dance Punk" Mix
I got a certain Death From Above 1979 vibe from this track, keeping ith that spirit I used EZDrummer Electronic EZX to replace the kick, snare, and toms and tried to give this mix a real dirty feel. It's needs abit of work but I think it gets my idea across.

Cheers,
Doug

.mp3    Outer Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.06 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I love how punchy it is! (I tried doing something similar on my own, but mine is a bit more post-punk influenced than dance-punk.)

The drum-replacement was a smart move, though it does sound a bit *too* mechanical toward the end. I'm still a fan though - awesome work.
Nice work on the vocals - not sure about the drum replacemet. I think it works well on the kick, but the snare and the toms sound way too robotic for my tastes. Overall it has a nice balance though.