Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't Let You Go - Mix
04-05-2017, 03:32 AM
Can't Let You Go - Mix
Not perfect by an means but here's my mix

.mp3   Can\'tLetYouGo_V2_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.94 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2017, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 01:45 PM by Royal Brandy.)
RE: Can't Let You Go - Mix
There is no such thing as perfect! Smile
One thing that I notice is that the vocal doesn't cut through (the piano) as being the focal point of the song. I'd pan the lead guitar in the verses away from the vocal, to not take the spotlight, and bring the rhythm guitar down as well. Make sure the verses are softer so that when the harmony guitars come in, and the chorus, you FEEL a difference

http://www.instagram.com/iamroyalbrandy
[email protected]
05-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Just a quick listen but I agree with Royal, the vocal could have a little more focus. The snare in the chorus seems pretty loud. The main thing that jumps out at me is how right heavy the balance is. It feels like the rhodes and the lead guitar are panned that way. I'd consider evening out the stereo image. That'll give more room for each instrument.

Hope that helps.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
A mix doesn't have to be good, it just has to sound good.
28-05-2017, 08:40 PM
It is my feeling the bottom end is hindrance to getting deeper into this mix. The bass overwhelms a bit which hides the other great elements of this otherwise good mix. Rebalance that and I think this would fare better especially in the mastering. Also a bit of automation on some parts would add to the musicality of the piece.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

Support my video work!
Advertisement: