Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colton Benjamin - Cant Let You Go KLK Mix
03-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Colton Benjamin - Cant Let You Go KLK Mix
Hi !

i felt it was almost impossible to make this nice recording sound like a bad mix.

very fun to mix.

im struggling a bit to find a nice room reverb for my drumkit and so i decided to make it not such an obvious reverb.

what do u think?

.mp3   Colton Benjamin - Cant let you go KLK Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 12:16 AM
RE: Colton Benjamin - Cant Let You Go KLK Mix
Good sounding stuff! Maybe you could just take the room/ambiences down a bit? Or use a really long hall or plate type and set it just so you can hear a hint of it. Still very good mix. ^_^
05-05-2017, 01:37 PM
I like this! +1 on the ambience down a bit. And maybe the GTR and rhodes softer in the verse to have a bigger contrast with the harmony guitars when they kick in. I'd make a bigger bass out of it because this is a kind of neo-soul groove. And mute that second verse double vocal take, sorry for that haha.
And if I had to be really picky I'd pan the solo center and the horn section a little softer in the chorus.

Songwriter | Producer | Mixing | Mastering | Music production
http://www.instagram.com/kissanddiemusic/
[email protected]
28-05-2017, 08:36 PM
This mix is excellent in my opinion. The environment is smooth and appropriate, the pan choices I think are engaging and listenable. The sounds are well crafted and eq'ed and the dynamics are excellent. Very musical. Well done.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

28-05-2017, 10:44 PM
[/quote]
I really like the kicks warmth. But I think the rhodes sound like a drone because its so present in the mix. I like how everything sits and comes into focus when you highlight their parts, (if that makes any sense) I think the vocals are weak and low in the mix, almost the just below the level of everything else. Nice take overall.

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Visit this user's website

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: