Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: 'Outer _' kapu mix
That minor to major and back shifting sounds so good. ^_^

.m4a    woodfire-__outer____kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

.m4a    direwoof-__outer_space___kapu_new_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.92 MB)

Nice solid mix as usual sounds great on my monitors ,the drums sound great love the snare has lots of body my snare sounds papery compared to yours maybe just a touch more top end air, the kick has a lot of punch can hear some clipping which is a taste thing.

Great job well Done Smile

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(02-05-2017, 01:20 PM)thedon Wrote: Nice solid mix as usual [...]

Thanks. I'm not sure if it's the processing or non-zero edit anomalies in the source tracks which leads to audible clippings. I'm just too lazy to fix those. ^_^
The bass drum, bass and guitars are all sounding good, but the guitars are overpowering everything else a bit for me. Hats and toms are a bit boxy too.

Pretty good overall though Smile
(02-05-2017, 05:08 PM)Judders Wrote: The bass drum, [...]

Thanks. I was thinking the drums might be a bit forward. I guess I'll reference the levels later. ^_^
For me biggest problem here is high end in vocal - way too harsh on my system... The rest is fine, loud and clear! Big Grin
(03-05-2017, 07:41 PM)SpaceBuzz Wrote: For me biggest problem [...]

Thansk! I tried unharshing vocal and updated file. ^_^
Hey Kapu,

really like the approach here with drums and vocals leading the way - i think that those elements are the strongest of the tracks provided so it makes a lot of sense. My only bit of feedback would be that maybe the snare could do with a little top end to open it out a smidge - maybe 7K or 12 K or both..only a dB or so of wide band and/or shelf would probably do it.

i wish you'd left your original mix up so we could compare the update

good job
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(07-06-2017, 01:29 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Kapu, [...]

Thanks! Tried to do some overall cleaning to get snare sound more bright. Afraid to boost the highs on snare channel as sticks and hihat start came out too much. Hope it's better now. ^_^

.m4a    woodfire-__outer____kapu_mix_20170607.m4a --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

Nice and powerful, that's all i can say, only thing i would reconsider is the reverb on vocal, but it could be a matter of taste. Good job.