Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Modern, punchy, heavy
Probably the track I had the must fun working on. I found it weird that many people had problems mixing this track, and that there were so many mixes approached wrong.

Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated, especially about the low-end.

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin 29.04.17.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin 16.06.2017.mp3 --  (Download: 10.41 MB)

Great! Punchy and ballsy!
Ok if I had to be really picky I'd want some more punch in the kick and a more obvious smack in the snare, which fits this style.
I'd bring back the guitars just a little (vs lead vocal), since there's great harmonies here, and synths...
Mix update! Spend some time polishing all of the tracks, tamed harsh screams and guitars, refined kick low end. I also added some post-production to the transitions. Let me hear what you think! Especially looking for opinions about the sub of the kick and bass, as I struggle with that on my current monitoring system.
I think this is one of the best mixes of this song I've heard on here. You got the vocals sounding really smooth and professional. A lot of the mixes on here were sounding rather shrill and harsh...
AGREED WITH CJ ^^^

For sure the best mix of this song on here. Sounds awesome, particularly those vocals. I found them slightly difficult to maintain, then again I really don't mix this stuff, but kudos! Only suggestion I would make is add a little more body to the guitars, but as I mix this, I'm noticing the more I add body to the guitars, it's taking away from my drum punch. Seems like you found a really nice total balance though.

Great work!
nice mix i also struggling with it vocal sits nice
Great mix indeed!

The only thing that jumps out to me has to do with the vocal, despite is really well done. It feels like at some points there's some sort of honkyness coming out, probably needs to be dealt with a dynamic EQ. It feels that sometimes it's coming forward due to a proximity effect, but it's not consistent.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.