Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About This Multitrack
You can find the multitrack files for this project in the 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library.

Before posting a mix, please read The Three Commandments!
Please post your mix as a new thread, rather than as a reply to this sticky.

Florian, who's Perpetual Escape's drummer (and also know in the Discussion Zone as Mandubien) provided the following additional info about the project:

The band would like to welcome you to our universe! It’s a pleasure to share four tracks from our recent album ‘Into My Dreams’, released in May 25th 2016. This album took us about four years from composition to release (yeah, pretty slow!), and we previously released two EPs which you can listen on our Bandcamp.

The album genre is Progressive Heavy Rock, so you will probably recognize lots of influences in our tunes : some Metallica here, some Pink Floyd there, some Alter Bridge or Creed over there… We try to create melodic songs which still have some power with heavy riffs. The band’s line-up consists of a drummer (me), a bassist, one lead guitarist, one male lead singer/guitarist, and one female lead singer. The singers have very different ranges and voices, which make their duetting very interesting.

We recorded the tracks in different places: drums and vocals were recorded in a studio, the bass and guitar DIs were tracked at my place then reamped in a studio (except for the bass, where we only used the DI tracks). Most of the keys were tracked by myself as MIDI tracks directly in Logic Pro X, then bounced to audio.

I mixed the album in my bedroom, not treated, mostly with my AKG K240 headphones since my monitors are not that great… I use Logic Pro X for both tracking and mixing. The mastering was done in a friend studio. Eventually, even if it’s far from being perfect, we’re proud of what we made! Smile

You will face a lot of challenges with these tracks! Each guitar part was recorded with four mics : AKG C212, Sennheiser e906, Rode K2 (as a room mic) and Shure SM57 -- the tracks are provided in that order each time. Remember that you don't necessarily need to use all of these tracks -- they're just provided to give you more choices. We recorded tons of guitar parts, and some will probably be useless for your taste, so don’t hesitate to mute some here and there. You may add samples to make the drums bigger. I did it for the snare only, but as always, it’s totally up to you. Lots of backing vocals and double tracks are available. You don’t have to use them all, just what works best for your taste. Also, some small edits may be needed, so listen carefully and trust your ears.

Overall, though, be creative! It’s your chance to use crazy effects, saturation, distortion, delays, reverbs… Don’t copy my mix, we want to hear fresh things Smile

Best wishes,

Florian - Perpetual Escape

If you have any other general questions about this multitrack, just reply to this post and Florian or I will see what we can do.