Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My humble attempt on "Keeps Flowing"
Hey everybody!

Here is my take on the mix. I'd love to get some feedback on it! I tried to mess a little with the automation and sprinkled in some FX for good measure.
I'm not really a seasoned Hip-Hop guy though, so it may well be that my arrangement adjustments might be inadequate. Check for yourself and please let me know what you think!

.mp3    Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.19 MB)

I updated the limiter here and added a little more air to the voice. Used some Tribe Called Quest Tunes as reference, but they I couldn't do it just as loud.

.mp3    Mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.19 MB)

Love your version huge bottom end my room was shaking lol , good job with the effects and balance ,this is genre I have to practice and experiment with more thanks for sharing your ideas Smile

Edit can hear some 128 mp3 artifacts 320 would sound a touch better in the top end !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-04-2017, 07:20 AM)thedon Wrote: Love your version huge bottom end my room was shaking lol , good job with the effects and balance ,this is genre I have to practice and experiment with more thanks for sharing your ideas Smile

Edit can hear some 128 mp3 artifacts 320 would sound a touch better in the top end !

Cheers Big Grin

Awesome! I'm happy you like it!
Hi too much low end it's way too dominant imo, love the vocals and that scream fx, imo if the low end was tightend up it would be fantastic, well done.