Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Who's in Hell
Hello guys,

Im somewhat new in mixing and mastering, started about 3 years ago, but still I have a lot to learn.
Please listen to my mix and comment

Thanks!

.mp3    Whos in Hell.mp3 --  (Download: 9.77 MB)

Hi! You're on the right track: mix has power and right 'feel'. There seems to be a lot of the 2.5kHz, probably from the guitars. Try cutting there. Between 5-8kHz are some strong syllabels, occasional ear drilling whistles from overheads or other drum sources. Try cleaning with eq and/or de-esser. Feels like mix bus compressor works sometimes more like a levelling compressor bringing out softer parts a little too much. Try easening mix bus compression settings, you can still build loudness with limiter for the power parts. Low end feels partly cluttered. If I had to guess, I'd say you've probably moved too soon to the part where you're between tweaking source tracks and the overall 'pre-master' or main mix bus sound. For what it's worth I'd suggest you treat your individual tracks and sub groups with the same type of processing and piety as you now have put on the main mix bus. But this is just my guess so if totally wrong then just ignore this. ^_^
(02-05-2017, 11:05 PM)kapu Wrote: Hi! You're on the right track: mix has power and right 'feel'. There seems to be a lot of the 2.5kHz, probably from the guitars. Try cutting there. Between 5-8kHz are some strong syllabels, occasional ear drilling whistles from overheads or other drum sources. Try cleaning with eq and/or de-esser. Feels like mix bus compressor works sometimes more like a levelling compressor bringing out softer parts a little too much. Try easening mix bus compression settings, you can still build loudness with limiter for the power parts. Low end feels partly cluttered. If I had to guess, I'd say you've probably moved too soon to the part where you're between tweaking source tracks and the overall 'pre-master' or main mix bus sound. For what it's worth I'd suggest you treat your individual tracks and sub groups with the same type of processing and piety as you now have put on the main mix bus. But this is just my guess so if totally wrong then just ignore this. ^_^
Thanks man for feedback, i'll try some of that stuff! ^^