Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolz & Knecht: 'Summertime'
Hello good people,

Here is my quick throw together, It's always great working with the emotion and articulation of these pieces. Wonderful Stuff!Big Grin
Thanks for listening.

Update 24-04, I have had a second play around with the reverb settings, I bused all my reverbs to a single return filtering it with some Eq. I've scooped out some low mids and added plenty of high freq. boost "air" to fill out the stage. I think I am now happy with the width of the guitar and sax and their placement. I am however still not completely satisfied with the sound of the sax. It has a small room hollowed out sound that I'm struggling to deal with. I wondering if it's a phasing "comb filtering" thing with the microphones as it seems to vary throughout the song as if the player is moving around a little. Maybe it's just my processing and reverb settings somewhere along the way. I will continue to play around. It'll be nice to get that solid intimate saxophone sound.

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_Summertime_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.36 MB)

Sounds Great to me Dave the reverb and depth is a personal taste thing .
Just finished a Quick mix and also noticed the comb filtering so only used close Mic 2 and the far Mic for some ambience.

Nice Work !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(27-04-2018, 10:40 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds Great to me Dave the reverb and depth is a personal taste thing .
Just finished a Quick mix and also noticed the comb filtering so only used close Mic 2 and the far Mic for some ambience.

Nice Work !

Thanks Don,

Funny enough, reverb and perceived depth are 2 things I would love to master more than any thing else. As for the sax and brass instruments generally, I find quite difficult to balance out their natural timbre and tones, especially in solo performances. I think your mic choices and blend are favourable in this regard.

Cheers
Hey Dave

I really like the reverb .. really nice balance and the acoustic guitars sound great!!
Awesome job!!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.