Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another sh***y Daisy Daisy mix
As the title says...

.mp3    Daisy Daisy (mix 1).mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

I dunno, I like it. I kinda want the vocals to be a little cleaner or at least have one be drier and have something more solid to focus on. It feels a little right heavy but it my just be my ears. I'd like something on the snare to put it in the same space as everything else. Maybe some mono spring reverb.

In the end, the mix fits the genre. I've done my fair share of stuff like this in the past and have to be honest and say it works.
(20-04-2017, 04:43 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I dunno, I like it. I kinda want the vocals to be a little cleaner or at least have one be drier and have something more solid to focus on. It feels a little right heavy but it my just be my ears. I'd like something on the snare to put it in the same space as everything else. Maybe some mono spring reverb.

In the end, the mix fits the genre. I've done my fair share of stuff like this in the past and have to be honest and say it works.

Thank you very much for your kind words and great feedback Roy! Well, the thing is that in the first mix I only used 2 compressors: one on the kickdrum and the other one on vocals. I guess that was the reason why the snare was sticking out of the mix. So I went with your suggestions and used a medium reverb (TSAR) & comp+gate (Valley Dynamite) on the snare. Seems to sound better, at least to my ears. Hope you'll like it better now as well Smile

.mp3    Daisy Daisy (mix 2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

Yeah, overall that feels better. It sounds like a record. I think it's tempting to try to make this song something it's not but I think overall you've captured the right feel for the song.
(20-04-2017, 08:00 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Yeah, overall that feels better. It sounds like a record. I think it's tempting to try to make this song something it's not but I think overall you've captured the right feel for the song.

Well, I just love punk and alternative rock, that's why when I heard this song, I felt a need to mess around with it Big Grin Anyway, this is going to be my last tweak of the mix and I officially give up, because there is pretty much nothing left that I could do about it.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I had a lot of fun today.

.mp3    Daisy Daisy (mix 2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)