Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollow Ground - Left Blind ( Zero's Mix )
Hi everyone !

Today I've search some stems to train my mixing skill and improve my mixes. I've mixed some of my songs but I needed some advice and criticism about my mixes.

I choose to mix Hollow ground because it was something close to the type of music I write.

.mp3    Hollow Ground Left blind.mp3 --  (Download: 2.45 MB)

(16-04-2017, 06:18 PM)Zero Wrote: Hi everyone !

Today I've search some stems to train my mixing skill and improve my mixes. I've mixed some of my songs but I needed some advice and criticism about my mixes.

I choose to mix Hollow ground because it was something close to the type of music I write.
Hi Zero,
My first reaction is that the mix seems very "unglued." As in everything--guitar, bass, drums, vox-- seems very separate, and not part of the same song. And for me, at least for this style, there is too much reverb and echo on the lead vox. The levels seem pretty balanced--although I'd probably shoot to have the lead vox just a tiny bit bit louder--so, my comments are just my own personal preference. My questions to you are this: what are you listening to now that you think sounds amazing? And, have you captured that amazingness in your mix? If so, cool. if not what is missing? Big Grin