Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch Up a la jeff
This one was tough. Hmu with questions/ comments/ concerns. Thanks!

****UPDATE: First revision is up (Stitch Up_320_rev1.mp3). I laid off the effects a bit, and did some transient shaping on the kick & snare to give a little more punch per the comments below.

.mp3    Stitch Up_320.mp3 --  (Download: 8.2 MB)

.mp3    Stitch Up_320_rev1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.23 MB)

Hi Jeff ,
I like your version pretty cool effects a little too wet which is a taste thing.
Thinking while listening the drums and bass could come forward more and a touch more punch Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-04-2017, 10:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Jeff ,
I like your version pretty cool effects a little too wet which is a taste thing.
Thinking while listening the drums and bass could come forward more and a touch more punch Big Grin
Thanks for giving it a listen. I'm planning on tweaking it a bit, so stay tuned...
PS - did you do a mix of this track?

I agree with thedon. It's a little too effected. I think there's a lot going on and I think a drier vocal would give the listener something to focus on.
I like the bridges(don't know if that's the right name for the section.) but it would a little better with more drum/bass clarity.
It feels pretty compressed. I like the sound of the compression but it's sucking out the dynamics of the song.

Looking forward to the next version.
Cheers.
(14-04-2017, 01:48 PM)jeffssoloband Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:28 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Jeff ,
Thanks for giving it a listen. I'm planning on tweaking it a bit, so stay tuned...
PS - did you do a mix of this track?
Second version sounds better ,can hear some noise through the song like an amp or to long compression release time ?
A touch more de-essing would be cool before any compression of course !
I am due for a remix last version done almost 3 years ago !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts