Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall of Death - Femme
what do you guys think about my mix?

.mp3    Wall of Death - Femme.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

Dude, your mix is great! The instrumental sounds huge and the guitars aren't thin, the bass fills in the gut wrenching low end and the kick and snare are punchy as hell. The toms sound great, too, as they cut through while still being fat. There are really only three things that I took issue with:
1. The top end of the bass seems to have a strange whistling frequency that annoyed the piss out of me, it's probably somewhere around 2-5/6K, so just take one or two low-q frequency bands and sweep around until you find something that sounds like a high pitched whistling, and just take that down a few Db's (until you can't hear it anymore.)
2. The first harmony guitar probably needs to go up a little bit in the mix, as I couldn't really hear it all that well.
3. The vocals need to be a bit louder, and they sound a little detached from the instrumental, as in they're being dwarfed by it. Perhaps bring those up a Db or two and maybe add a "fat" track (Copy the main vocal, pitch it down 20-30 cents, and then distort it) at a lower level than the original and it would sound great. You might also want to try using that fat track as your effects track and leave your original vocal alone (outside EQ and compression with maybe a little bit of verb/delay) and just use the copied track for effects.
That's my two cents. Other than what I mentioned, the mix sounds great. Good job!
I really like punching drums! I feel that other trucks are a little small. The distortion of the bass guitar is very good, but I suddenly worry about feeling small around 1: 06.
Overall I like it very much!