Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Who in Hell Last Legacy Kekenmasta
Hey there.

That's my first post here!

Hope you'll like it!Big Grin

.mp3    Lastlegacy_WhosWhoInHell_Fulv4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

.mp3    Lastlegacy_WhosWhoInHell_Fulv4_4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

.mp3    Lastlegacy_WhosWhoInHell_Fulv4_5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

.mp3    Lastlegacy_WhosWhoInHell_Fulv4_6.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

.mp3    Lastlegacy_WhosWhoInHell8fINALmIXv3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

First of all: Welcome to the forum (if i'm even allowed to say that being a total newbie here, too)!

Here's what I noticed in your mix:

1. You seem to be playing the clean DI signal and the overdriven signal of the guitar simultaneously. You should probably check whether there are direct-amped settings in your Amp plug-in.

2. The low end in your mix swallows up everything else and kills your headroom. You should definitely turn down the bass guitar (but give it some top end (1-5k) to make it cut through, but leave space for the bass drum.

3. The drums are lacking punch (BD 60Hz and maybe 120Hz, SN 150Hz-250Hz). Try blending the given samples (or use your own) to give the mix a more modern feel.

4. The guitars are too quiet, not compressed enough and too flimsy. Go through your amp settings, give them more midrange and more gain and roll off some of the top and low end.

5. The mix is in desperate need of room and cohesion. Try to clean up the frequency spectrum and then add a short room to selected instruments (snare, room/delay on vox).

I feel like a major issue in your mix might be the speakers you're using. They must be lacking a lot of low end (maybe very small PC-Speakers?) which in turn drives you into turning up the bass in your mix. If you don't have access to studio speakers, try cross-checking in cars, hifi systems, on iphone headphones etc....
Also listen to your favorite mixes of established bands in that genre (devil wears prada, after the burial...)

Balancewise you're generally on the right path!
I hope, my criticism wasn't too harsh and i'm looking forward to a revised version of your mix!

Cheers, Jake
Hey Jake

Thx for the feedback. It's harsh but it's for the Art!! Big Grin

It's late here and i put a second hand of my progress, mainly focused on Low "management", Drums punch. I think i still need to define some room for vocal and guitars. Still WIP but thanks for listenning !

I hope i'll read you soon.

Regards

Cedric