Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Own Way To Boogie_The Balazs Daniel Boogie Woogie Trio_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Oh what a blast this song is!!!!!! Fun song! Great musicians/vocalist. High quality tracks! Fun mix!

Comments are always welcomed.

Tom

.mp3    OwnWayToBoogie_3_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 6.75 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Good mix! Maybe it could be a little bit warmer (like oldschool recordings) but that's just my taste, overall good job in my opinion Smile
(07-04-2017, 05:06 PM)SpaceBuzz Wrote: Good mix! Maybe it could be a little bit warmer (like oldschool recordings) but that's just my taste, overall good job in my opinion Smile

--------------
Thanks SpaceBuzz (cool name btw). Thanks for your feedback. I see you mixed this one as well....will check it out and comment there.

Yeah for me I wanted this one to be a little more up front and dryer. I was going for a crisp sort of sound. There were a lot of tracks for something like this I noticed. Some interesting challenges and an overall very fun mixing project, don't you agree? I really wanted the lead vocal to shine. Also, just as an observation, I think the piano player must have recorded his left hand separately because it's just too perfectly timed up with the bass part. Either that or they really tightened up the tracks and then bounced them back to us with all the edits having been done for us. :-) Nice! Just an observation. Either that or the piano player is a master....like a machine! Whew!

Later.....

Tom
(07-04-2017, 09:06 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Also, just as an observation, I think the piano player must have recorded his left hand separately because it's just too perfectly timed up with the bass part. Either that or they really tightened up the tracks and then bounced them back to us with all the edits having been done for us. :-) Nice! Just an observation. Either that or the piano player is a master....like a machine! Whew!

Funnily enough, in this case I think he really is that good. Check out some of their YouTube stuff...

(07-04-2017, 10:49 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 09:06 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Also, just as an observation, I think the piano player must have recorded his left hand separately because it's just too perfectly timed up with the bass part. Either that or they really tightened up the tracks and then bounced them back to us with all the edits having been done for us. :-) Nice! Just an observation. Either that or the piano player is a master....like a machine! Whew!

Funnily enough, in this case I think he really is that good. Check out some of their YouTube stuff...

-----------
Wow, thanks Mike, I will check them out!

Great musicians, great tracks - very fun mixing project indeed!
Hey Tom ,
Sounds Great ,another solid balanced mix.
While listing thinking maybe needs a just touch less saturation or It could be I have the volume too loud enjoying your mix Smile

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Love the tight Kick and drum sound. I'm not too put off by the overall saturation, seems to suit the energy of the song in a good way. The bass sounds almost like a fretless P Bass rather than a D Bass.Big Grin Lots of bottom end to it.

You know your stuff Tom.