Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flames - Mix by Jerze
Hello all,
I tried to deal with some issues the best I could. The vocals had a lot of S sounds to deal with hopefully I got most of them along with spending sometime leveling them out. The other thing was the OV heads had a ring that was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure out.

I didn't do a lot to the drums, bass, vocals or guitars they needed a little processing tho .I did change the middle GT sound not sure how that worked out?

Good song maybe a little long ,but good also great playing and singing . Thanks for posting the tracks!

Thanks for the listen leave some thoughts if you have time.

.mp3    Flames Mixed by Jerze.mp3 --  (Download: 12.58 MB)

Hey mate, I like the guitar sound. As far as I can tell the low end sits quite nice in your mix - good job Smile

The big problem is the drum sound - it doesn't really kick ass if you ask me. Sounds like a 90% spot mics / 10% room mix, and the result of this is a drum mix that's missing a lot of glue and ambience.

The vocals are 3db too loud for my taste - I love "vocal up" mixes but this is too much, even for me.

(05-04-2017, 12:23 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey mate, I like the guitar sound. As far as I can tell the low end sits quite nice in your mix - good job Smile

The big problem is the drum sound - it doesn't really kick ass if you ask me. Sounds like a 90% spot mics / 10% room mix, and the result of this is a drum mix that's missing a lot of glue and ambience.

The vocals are 3db too loud for my taste - I love "vocal up" mixes but this is too much, even for me.

Hey sorry it took so long to get back .
I was ok with the GT and low end sound overall not great ,but ok.

The drums well they suck, I just can't get them to the do what i hear. I think maybe like you said too much close mixes and not enough room sound. I guess it's back to the beginning. I'm all ears if you got time your drum mixes sound great.

The vocal level is a little over.I also needed to do some automation on them,but i think the drums at this point is my biggest problem.

Thanks again for your time!