Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hammer Down
Here is my first attempt at this mix and I think the balance is good. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Frank

.mp3    hammer 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

.mp3    Hammer Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.88 MB)

Hey Smile.

What came to my head while listening:
-Way too much lows :p
-Voice is pretty cool
-Really way too much lows that mask everything else (exept the snare maybe, that should be centered imho)

Take care !
Mixing with a dt770 for now..
I agree, I did one of those fast mixes to challenge myself. I did work on this other mix and I hope it fixed what you addressed. It sounds much better to my ear and closer to the original.

(05-04-2017, 12:41 PM)Jimdolorian Wrote: Hey Smile.

What came to my head while listening:
-Way too much lows :p
-Voice is pretty cool
-Really way too much lows that mask everything else (exept the snare maybe, that should be centered imho)

Take care !

.mp3    hammer mastered 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

- It's a very, very fizzy mix, seems like everything is distorted
- the bass sounds awful, and the low end is wobbling like mad
- almost all of you eq decisions are over the top, really

My tip: dont use any sort of eq and get your levels right in the first place. ALL the tracks of this song sound great with no eq, and you will get a pretty good mix with only using the volume fader (aka automation) and panning. I repeat: There is no reason to use any sort of drastic eq moves to mix this song. This is just way over the top, and I hate to say it, but it hurts my ears.

Sorry mate, I´m just beeing honest
I am sorry that you did not like it. I did many of the things you said and you did not like it. I did cut some of the low end of the bass guitar and I did very little eq. I did add more punch to the kick compared to the original song. I am very sorry that it hurts your ears. I did go back and make changes to the bass and other stuff and this is new.

(06-04-2017, 09:36 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: - It's a very, very fizzy mix, seems like everything is distorted
- the bass sounds awful, and the low end is wobbling like mad
- almost all of you eq decisions are over the top, really

My tip: dont use any sort of eq and get your levels right in the first place. ALL the tracks of this song sound great with no eq, and you will get a pretty good mix with only using the volume fader (aka automation) and panning. I repeat: There is no reason to use any sort of drastic eq moves to mix this song. This is just way over the top, and I hate to say it, but it hurts my ears.

Sorry mate, I´m just beeing honest

.mp3    Hammer Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.88 MB)