Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Black Crown - Flames
Hello guys, i downloaded this session yesterday to get back on heavy guitar stuff and get out of the R&B side of things a little bit. It will be probably to hot on the lows since my room doesn't really help much, i don't have a clue whats going on down there. Would be awesome to hear your opinions. Thanks!

.mp3    The Black Crown %22Flames%22 MIX PITER BENZV.mp3 --  (Download: 15.68 MB)

(01-04-2017, 10:46 PM)Piter Benzv Wrote: Hello guys, i downloaded this session yesterday to get back on heavy guitar stuff and get out of the R&B side of things a little bit. It will be probably to hot on the lows since my room doesn't really help much, i don't have a clue whats going on down there. Would be awesome to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Hi! Nice round powerful guitar sound--I can't seem to get the distortion under control like that. As for the low end, I messed around a little with an EQ on the entire track, and I think if you scoop about 5 dB around 60 and slap a high-pass on around 40, it cleans up nicely. Still sound full, but cuts out some of the unnecessary sub frequencies. Interesting thing about that--once I EQed, it helped the snare sound less... thwappy?

Also, the vocals sound just a touch dull to me, but that's a preference thing.

Overall, nice tight mix. What did you do to the guitars?
Hi! Nice round powerful guitar sound--I can't seem to get the distortion under control like that. As for the low end, I messed around a little with an EQ on the entire track, and I think if you scoop about 5 dB around 60 and slap a high-pass on around 40, it cleans up nicely. Still sound full, but cuts out some of the unnecessary sub frequencies. Interesting thing about that--once I EQed, it helped the snare sound less... thwappy?

Also, the vocals sound just a touch dull to me, but that's a preference thing.

Overall, nice tight mix. What did you do to the guitars?
[/quote]

Awesome! I'm trying to attach a screenshot of what i did to the guitars, listening back u are right, the snare sounds a bit weird, i cut some mid lows around 200, less compression and its a bit better and yes it cleanup a lot after the low cut in 40 mostly on the bass track. I couldn't get the vocals right, need to work on them a bit more, maybe align some parts and clean up others, with so much compression a lot of stuff comes out isn't really audible when the band is present but after compressing it up to 11, yeah got to work on that! Thanks of the feedback!!!!

Thumbnail(s)