Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decypher - Unseen (Trollhouse Audio Mix/ Master)
Here´s my version of Decypher's "Unseen" for fun.

I was taking a bit more Swedish approach- a hint of Tägtgren, if you prefer. Guitars are about 70% DI with Bias Amp and the rest is only one track (two mikes still) per guitarist, as I´m really not se keen on doubled rhythm guitars- especially if they are not very tightly played. With the vocals, only one track was used as well.

Let's see how the jury reacts!

.mp3    Unseen - Trollhouse Audio MM.mp3 --  (Download: 10.33 MB)

.mp3    Unseen - Trollhouse Audio MM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.33 MB)

Sounds pretty good, i think the guitars are pretty overpowering since they´re both loud in the mix and pretty bright and cutting tone-wise, I´d love to hear the mix with the guitars a bit quieter, the individual tones sound great!
(22-03-2017, 12:55 PM)Guitarrman1 Wrote: ...guitars are pretty overpowering since they´re both loud in the mix and pretty bright and cutting tone-wise....

So, I did another version!

The first one was annoying me, because the guitars were too widely panned compared how sloppily they were performed- lowering them for 0.5 db, unwidening the stereo image and chopping a small amount of high mids made them sit a bit better into the mix now.

Update should be in the first post very soon!
Hi Troll,

Guitars are bright, drums are clear and punchy but I feel the kick's a bit drown in the lows.
The bass cuts well through the mix.
Vocals are a bit burried in the mix, this is the negative part.

Well, this is a very clear mix, I don't know if it fits the genre, but it definately sounds good for me.

Just my 2 cents.