Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facade by Young Griffo - Rob mix
Ciao!
Here's my version of Facade mix, I'm a guitar player so I decided to add more guitar tracks to help with the phase issue trying to open the stereo image of the original guitar track.
Any comment/suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks for listening!

Cheers from Italy

.mp3    Facade - RobMix.mp3 --  (Download: 3.79 MB)

Good work on your added guitars - then blend right in. I must say, this mix has a very "mono" feel, everything sounds straight up the centre and middle. Especially if recording extra guitars, why wouldn't you pan them out to add width to the mix?

An interesting choice to drop the guitars for the first part of the final chorus. I wasn't quite so aggressive, but I did make a bit of a "drop" right before the solo kicks in at the end.
(14-07-2017, 08:43 AM)CJ Fuller Wrote: Good work on your added guitars - then blend right in. I must say, this mix has a very "mono" feel, everything sounds straight up the centre and middle. Especially if recording extra guitars, why wouldn't you pan them out to add width to the mix?

An interesting choice to drop the guitars for the first part of the final chorus. I wasn't quite so aggressive, but I did make a bit of a "drop" right before the solo kicks in at the end.

Thank you CJ, I appreciate your input, I try to make some revisions especially for make the guitars sound wider!

.mp3    Facade - RobMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)