Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You - Justin Myles Mix by TiPa
Hi guys,

Here is my try. My biggest challenge was the snare, very difficult to control the bleeding in the OH. Some difficulties to place the electric guitars too.
I decided to smooth the mix and not make it too "live", this was my direction.
And this is not at all the kind of music I usually make/mix/enjoy Smile
Tell me what you think !

.mp3    AloneWithYou_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 17.21 MB)

A friend just told me a was sounding live, but I didn't want to ! What a strange art/science Smile
I guess it's the snare, it's very room. It tried to make it tight but not easy...
Once again, comments are welcome !
IMHO: it's a bit overcompressed and midrangy (low midrange). Acoustic guitars are good, but I feel as they are tonally different from the rest of the mix, not glued to it. In the beginning hi'hat's really loud. Vocal compressor attack time's a bit fast, it choke vocal sometimes. And overall vocal could be more open. And there are clicks and pops, sudden gain changes, that weren't in original multitrack => That's just sloppy work, man, gotta be more careful.
"And there are clicks and pops, sudden gain changes, that weren't in original multitrack" Where ? In the overall mix ???
bah... no need to answer... I see who you are now, I didn't like your mix very much so decided to crush mine ok...
and keep your "sloopy" for yourself next time I don't think you did a pretty job as well.
I keep the remarks nevertheless but I just don't want to continue the debate with you, not a good mindset.
1:11|1:58|2:11|3:51|3:43|3:56|3:58|4:02-4:05(left channel)|5:51|5:53-5:54| clicks, man. I think this forum is not about liking, it's about giving opinion. "Sloppy" was only about this stuff, cause it takes away from listening experience.
Exactly but choose your words buddy.
Thanks for the timings but I don't hear any clicks here ! And I checked on 3 monitor systems and 2 headphones. Maybe I should quit mixing or change my ears... Seriously I agree my volume automation was not great at all, gain is not good, but clicks...
As I said I'm not familiar with this style, I've listened severel pro r&B mixes in the meantime and it gave me some inspiration to adapt my mix.
For now I have my head so full of this track I have to work on something else to have a clear mind but I'll make a retry.
Very nice mix, I love your sound much. Very warm and unusual