Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Legacy - Who's Who In Hell
Well what can i say, this was a kinda tough mix for me. I spent about 4 hours on it. I think it's a little too bright in the 3 to 4k rang but nothing a master EQ or some MB compression couldn't fix. Besides that i had fun mixing this one.

Please comment your thoughts on my mix!!!

.mp3    Who\'s Who In Hell.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

(16-03-2017, 06:13 AM)401kBC Wrote: Well what can i say, this was a kinda tough mix for me. I spent about 4 hours on it. I think it's a little too bright in the 3 to 4k rang but nothing a master EQ or some MB compression couldn't fix. Besides that i had fun mixing this one.

Please comment your thoughts on my mix!!!

Hello 401KBC
Your OH are way too loud and bright. There needs to be some low mid there to help give body to the cymbals.
The kick sounds weak in the click probably to much 200hz. taken out. It sounds good in the slower parts but the fast parts sound like you're dribbling a basketball on a wet floor.
The bass guitar is just a hum in the mix and is only making things sound muddy. The bass needs some definition in the 1.5khz and 4.5khz area.
Im having a difficult time hearing the lead guitars
I think the clean vocals are to loud and dry. Sounds like they were sung in a vocal booth. (which they were but this is the land of disbelief)
The DIST VOX overdubs are too quiet and they're important. The vocal effect at the end although interesting doesn't make sense in the context of this song. Its a bit distracting.
The mix needs glue, everything seems to be in its own space and quite separated.
This mix is on the right track but needs more attention and work. I would remove whatever you have on the master and fix the issues in the mix first.
This mix needs a lot of automation of levels and effects to make it sound serviceable.
I hope this was helpful, Best.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1