Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Flames V2
[/quote]

Well, listening with my ears, I can tell this isn't a well sounding mix. The snare is so loud that it may as well be a solo instrument, the ghost notes are as loud as the full hits. The bass, vocals, and guitars are all picking a fight with each other, it's super fatiguing to listen to and I struggled to get even half way though it. This mix needs to be remixed from scratch to fix it's problems.

This forum exists to post up your mixes of the tracks provided by Mike and the bands he works with, so others can listen to them and give you their impressions of your mix and what can be done to improve it. In return you do the same for others on here, posting up your mix, giving it a 5 out of 5, and not replying and making critiques is very much frowned upon and goes against this forum's goal. Yes, music and art are very much subjective, you can still voice your opinion on someone's mix in an objective way, a bad mix is just that, bad, so you can give suggestions on how to improve it. Maybe the mix sounds over compressed or unbalanced, or the mix may have a great balance and overall tone but is missing some sense of space or needs some saturation to glue everything together, point is that no matter how subjective something might be a set of ears other than your own is needed to shed some light on to something you may have missed when you were mixing.

[/quote]

Getting involved with persons affected with extreme mental retardation is not on my list of things to do at this time, but I will let you know if my circumstances change. I would also suggest a new hobby for you young man as I think this one may be a bit out of your league Wink

(15-03-2017, 10:43 PM)5OVEREIGNTY Wrote: Getting involved with persons affected with extreme mental retardation is not on my list of things to do at this time, but I will let you know if my circumstances change.

I'm afraid that this is simply not an acceptable way to express yourself in this forum. I set up the Discussion Zone to provide a supportive and constructive environment within which learners can share feedback on their mix work. If you are unwilling to be supportive and constructive, and do not wish to share mix feedback, then I think you've come to the wrong place. If you'd like more information about the purpose and spirit of this community, please refer to my About the Discussion Zone and The Three Commandments posts for more details.

Best wishes,

Mike Senior
Forum Administrator
(16-03-2017, 08:25 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(15-03-2017, 10:43 PM)5OVEREIGNTY Wrote: Getting involved with persons affected with extreme mental retardation is not on my list of things to do at this time, but I will let you know if my circumstances change.

I'm afraid that this is simply not an acceptable way to express yourself in this forum. I set up the Discussion Zone to provide a supportive and constructive environment within which learners can share feedback on their mix work. If you are unwilling to be supportive and constructive, and do not wish to share mix feedback, then I think you've come to the wrong place. If you'd like more information about the purpose and spirit of this community, please refer to my About the Discussion Zone and The Three Commandments posts for more details.

Best wishes,

Mike Senior
Forum Administrator

Yeah its good to have a purpose, I don't think yours is working out though. SEE YA! Tongue
(16-03-2017, 10:24 AM)5OVEREIGNTY Wrote: Yeah its good to have a purpose, I don't think yours is working out though. SEE YA! Tongue

OK. Goodbye, I suppose.

[edited] Please don't fan the flames... Thanks! Smile Mike S.