Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You - Justin Miles / Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
I mixed this track using Cakewalk Sonar Platinum along with plugins that come with it inside the box. Please let me know what you think and what you are hearing through your speakers.

I grouped the sounds
All drum element output were sent into a drum aux track.
All guitar elements were sent into a guitar aux track.
All vocals elements were sent a vocal aux track.

I applied a multiband compressor on all three aux tracks.
The multiband compressor really helped control the loud drum crashes and provide a little more punch to the kick drum.

The multiband compressor also helped make the guitar elements
blend more together.

I cut a bit of the low end from the vocals to clear out a bit of the muddiness. I also used an echo and reverb on the main vocal.
I also applied a multiband compressor the main out bus and then equalized the output to enhance the sound.

04/16/2017

Just did another remix of this tune. I think I'm getting better, but let me know what you think.

04/17/2017

This is my final remix attempt of this song. This song has many challenges. Lots of dynamics and elements that needed to be shifted in and out of the listeners focus. In this mix, I toned down the low frequencies of the bass and kick drum. I increased the lower end of the lead vocal to give it a fuller sound. I lowered the snare because it was a bit too hot. I brought the guitar in to the center(pan) during the solo and panned it back when the solo was over. I also increased the volume slightly to emphasize it. I hope listeners enjoy this mix because I'm done. Please leave me some feedback.

.mp3    AloneWithYou.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

.mp3    AloneWithYou_Remix3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

.mp3    AloneWithYou_Ver2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

Everything went well until the vocal arrived Smile I don't know what you did but it looks like you got rid of all the substance !
The snare is a bit annoying too.
Thanks! How about this version? I made them a bit more prominent and cut a little from the bottom.

(18-03-2017, 06:27 PM)TiPa Wrote: Everything went well until the vocal arrived Smile I don't know what you did but it looks like you got rid of all the substance !
The snare is a bit annoying too.