Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones - Why Dont You Stay
Ronnie Jones - Why Dont You Stay.mp3
3-7-2017

Whew. Lots of guitars. All of them sound great. Every part in this project was very well recorded and the instruments all sound great. So nuance is called for.
This song hearkened America and The Eagles, which are two sweet spots for me. I'm no Bill Szymczyk, but this song gives me a chance to do my best homage to the man.

I hope you enjoy my take.

As always, looking forward to comments from the community.

Ronnie Jones - Why Dont You Stay - B.mp3
3-8-2017

So after a few more listens, it occurred to me I was possibly mixing this at a playback level this song may not get played. It is, after all, Middle of the Road, AOR. So I turned it down and cleaned it up and this is the result.

Turn it Down

.mp3    Ronnie Jones - Why Don\'t You Stay.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

.mp3    Ronnie Jones - Why Dont You Stay - B.mp3 --  (Download: 11.28 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Solid Mix as usual !
Sound great love the clean vibe ,
listening on monitors and headphones in the verse and chorus I think it is guitar 11 and 12 and the Rhodes sound a touch honky playing around with some eq while listening the taming around 300hz 3-4db seemed to tame the honky sound a slight dip on the snare in the verse around 630 seemed to tame some room sound and sit better to my ears anyway but it's not the first time I have been told I'm mad Confused

Just some thoughts Big Grin
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(08-03-2017, 08:27 AM)thedon Wrote: Solid Mix as usual !
Sound great love the clean vibe ,
listening on monitors and headphones in the verse and chorus I think it is guitar 11 and 12 and the Rhodes sound a touch honky playing around with some eq while listening the taming around 300hz 3-4db seemed to tame the honky sound a slight dip on the snare in the verse around 630 seemed to tame some room sound and sit better to my ears anyway but it's not the first time I have been told I'm mad Confused

Just some thoughts Big Grin
Cheers Big Grin
Hey Don. Thanks for the listen and the compliments. I will look at your areas of concern. My immediate recollection is that those frequency areas you mentioned were intentionally boosted for the reason of clarity and punch for those sections. That you recognized them is a good thing and I will scrutinize my decisions. It may need to be reviewed on another system for comparison.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]