Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Best LastLegacy
FunHouse Producer

.mp3    Last Legacy 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Well, it's loud. A bit too loud maybe. There's some definite audible distortion distortion caused by clipping, which makes it hard to hear properly. Even if you're not clipping in your DAW, when you go to convert to MP3, inter-sample clipping can be introduced. Try laying off the limiter a bit, and give yourself some headroom. It'll make your mixes more listenable. Moral of the story: louder isn't always better. Bur of course, that's just my 2 cents. Smile
Just checking this out on my small desktop speakers, so can't get into any small details. First thing that stands out is the vocals, a little too quiet for me, and too dynamic. I think with compression and automation to control the vocals more it would be better.

Snare sounds awesome, but also too loud. It seems to be sitting on top of the mix, when the vocals should be sitting there instead. It's like the snare and vocals just need to trade places. Smile

And because I am just listening on these cheepy speakers, I can't pinpoint this, but there is something in the lows that can be held down together more. I think around 50hz, just seems to bloom, so maybe MB compression right in that areas would help.

That's all I'm noticing though, and really those are small details, a db or two here and there and that's it.
(07-03-2017, 04:40 PM)funhouse Wrote: FunHouse Producer

What's up Funhouse Producer?

I think this is a rather clean mix.

But aside from being loud, the Bass guitar is masking your kick drums power big time and the kick is the hero in music like this. From what I can hear of the kick, it sound like a boost of 100hz. and then the rest is HPF
I really like the clean guitar treatment in the bridge.
The Snare sound is cool but is very ambient compared to the rest of the kit and doesn't sound like its gelling.
Bass drops would be a nice touch.
Above all, this is a jamming mix and sounds very good. IMO
Best.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1