Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lastlegacy: 'Who's Who In Hell' (v1)
i might do some automation, add some extra reverb or delay and i want to master it. it might sound a bit harsh. feedback welcome.

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

(07-03-2017, 12:24 AM)loupi Wrote: i might do some automation, add some extra reverb or delay and i want to master it. it might sound a bit harsh. feedback welcome.

Very harsh on the ears man.. what did you have on your master chain?
(21-03-2017, 05:25 AM)tubby98 Wrote:
(07-03-2017, 12:24 AM)loupi Wrote: i might do some automation, add some extra reverb or delay and i want to master it. it might sound a bit harsh. feedback welcome.

Very harsh on the ears man.. what did you have on your master chain?

nothing yet. the idea was to tame the harshness in mastering. thx for the feedback.

Good morning Loupi.

I totally dig that you're creative in your editing.
However, this is metal and metal doesn't like ambiance.
If you're going to use time based effect like reverb then I would suggest that you place them on an effects buss and then send your signals to that fx buss.
Reverb should sound natural (in most cases regarding music)
Try LPF/HPF on the reverb effect to tame the brightness and lows from dominating the mix. I would bring up the reverb to where I notice it and then bring it down 2 or 3 db. Also, automate the fx in breaks of the song so it will sound tighter. Metal is supposed to be super tight.
The drums are a driving part of the song. The kick is buried and the snare is too loud and disembodied from the mix.

The biggest problem is the reverb. Fix first and then look for other issues.

Good luck.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1