Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Black Crown: 'Flames' kapu mix
Nice drum sounds for a sampled(?) virtual instrument. Would very much like to know the library or kit used here. ^_^

.m4a    the_black_crown-__flames__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 13.56 MB)

My big complaint of an otherwise great sounding mix is that the snare is way too loud, the ghost notes are now just as loud now as the the full strength hits and it't really distracting. The bass could do with some low end added (Waves RBass is what I found helped but I think Variety of Sound makes a free low end exciter/harmonic saturation plugin) and to be boosted a touch during the guitar dropouts in the second verse, really can't say too much more than that, it's a really good mix, this should be able to stand up to a commercial mix in the genre when played on a smaller system or on a HiFi, it has a good amount of "connective tissue" between the bass, guitars, and kick drum which really helps build that "Wall of Sound" that modern metal needs without sacrificing too much on the dynamics front (save for the snare as I meantioned)

Cheers, and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=18254 here's the info on the gear used to record the track
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Yes, snare is loud. Guitars sound good. But bass needs more low end. No complains on vocals. Good mix.
Thanks for feedback! Did some adjustments and updated the file.
Nice sounding mix! I like the way vocals sound, what chain did you follow?
I agree with the desire of a little low end on bass. Please check my mix also I will appreciate your comment Wink
(10-03-2017, 03:55 PM)matiasgodoy399 Wrote: Nice sounding mix! ...

thanks! for vocals used eq > des > fet comp > opto comp > sat. then there is a fair amount of dly and rvb. ^_^
Wow Kapu, love your mix! Raw and powerful. The delay/reverb on the vocals are too much for me at times but hey, there are no rules as long as it sounds great Smile

Good job, mate!
(05-04-2017, 12:26 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: Wow Kapu, love ...

Thanks. I was probably trying to achieve something 90ish with the vocal effects. ^_^
Hey Kapu,
Nice and aggressive mix, I mean drums! Enjoyed while listening. Nice work. Smile