Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Sin Six'
Hey man !

The main issue I can hear is the low end of your mix. The kick and bass don't really work together. I can hear a lot of resonance, mostly from the bass (around 100-150 Hz probably).
I would hi pass the bass up to 65-70 Hz to give space to the kick which can be boosted at 45-60 Hz.
Guitars sound a bit thin. Don't hesitate to boost some low mids (150-200 Hz) to give them some balls Wink
I like the vocals Smile Drums fit pretty well in the mix as well.

Keep it up !
(10-03-2017, 02:42 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey man !

The main issue I can hear is the low end of your mix. The kick and bass don't really work together. I can hear a lot of resonance, mostly from the bass (around 100-150 Hz probably).
I would hi pass the bass up to 65-70 Hz to give space to the kick which can be boosted at 45-60 Hz.
Guitars sound a bit thin. Don't hesitate to boost some low mids (150-200 Hz) to give them some balls Wink
I like the vocals Smile Drums fit pretty well in the mix as well.

Keep it up !
Hey ,Thanks so much for the great song and multitracks.
Yes the kick and bass definitely needs to work together ,already scooped -9db on the bass at around 150 hz will re-check the frequency on headphones as my room has some problems in the 100-150hz area.will try the eq you have mentioned.
thanks for having a listen and feedback much appreciated.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Don, solid mix as usual. Vocals could use a de-esser or a bit of multi-band comp to even it out. The mix is bordering on harsh in the upper frequencies, but that is probably more due to my preference in the genre. I'm about to upload my mix, always appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mick
(16-03-2017, 10:15 AM)mick2015 Wrote: Hey Don, solid mix as usual. Vocals could use a de-esser or a bit of multi-band comp to even it out. The mix is bordering on harsh in the upper frequencies, but that is probably more due to my preference in the genre. I'm about to upload my mix, always appreciate the feedback. Cheers, Mick

Thanks for having a listen ,listening back agree will hopefully sort out in next version.

Cheers Big Grin

Hi don hope all is well, liking your mix but i feel that some of the guitar tracks are missing compared to kapu mix Smile, just a observation well done.
(05-04-2017, 04:10 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi don hope all is well, liking your mix but i feel that some of the guitar tracks are missing compared to kapu mix Smile, just a observation well done.
Hi Cudjoe ,all good here !
Thanks for having a listen.
will fix the missing guitar tracks in the next version !

Cheers Big Grin

Some really cool aspects of your choices, especially the bass. Good energy throughout the mix. I at first thought the mix was generally too mid-rangy, but it works without any harshness and presents the guitars nicely. The vocals in the front of the song at times breath too much which felt like a mistake.
Good harmonic content and richness in your mix. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-07-2017, 08:09 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Some really cool aspects of your choices, especially the bass. Good energy throughout the mix. I at first thought the mix was generally too mid-rangy, but it works without any harshness and presents the guitars nicely. The vocals in the front of the song at times breath too much which felt like a mistake.
Good harmonic content and richness in your mix. Well done.
Thanks for having a listen ,listening back I agree the mix is too mid rangy and need to tame the vocal breaths and other things that also need sorting out in a remix !

Cheers Big Grin