Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
young griffo mix attemp
hey guys here is my try of this song please listen and critic my mix(isnt mastered)its very important for my i am learning how to mix by myself, and sorry for my bad english Smile

.mp3    facade mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.4 MB)

(04-03-2017, 01:00 AM)metalzilla98 Wrote: hey guys here is my try of this song please listen and critic my mix(isnt mastered)its very important for my i am learning how to mix by myself, and sorry for my bad english Smile

Hi metalzilla, I’m just join the forum and I’m working to facade mix too, so since your post is the most recent in this discussion I think it’s a good idea to say a few words about your mix;
I like the overall mix more than many other I listen in the discussion, so compared to Mike Senior’s remix as a main reference track
-I think the snare is a little unbalanced than the rest of the drumset, and it sounds a little bit overcompressed too, on the other hand, kick and bass guitar have few bass frequencies;
-Vocal parts doesn’t cut very well over guitars maybe you’ve leave guitar tracks in not so open stereo image;
I hope to post my mix in next days too!
Cheers!
Hi,

I'm new here, thought I'd respond to everyone who did a mix of Facade this year, so you are last on the list ;-)

I agree with Rob overall. I don't mind the snare, but I did mix mine a lot lower. I guess some people will not like that either...

You got the guitars sounding pretty good I think. The main vocal does get a bit buried during the chorus though, as does the bass guitar.