Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXXV (CCCXX mix)
There's one clipped inter-sample at 97.359626 seconds on the right, so let's just get that out of the way Tongue. So besides that, hmu with questions/ comments/ concerns - thanks!

.mp3    XXXV_CCCXX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

I've recently decided to step back from any heavy songs. But. On a quick listen it feels a little bright. especially in the guitars. I think the could be a lot heavier and have a lot more low end. The trick to these kind of songs is balancing the low end and clarity. It feels like there's an octave or two in this mix that's lacking. Other than that no real complaints.
That said, I'd wait for a whipper snapper to come by and give their 2 cents.
(04-03-2017, 01:03 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I've recently decided to step back from any heavy songs. But. On a quick listen it feels a little bright. especially in the guitars. I think the could be a lot heavier and have a lot more low end. The trick to these kind of songs is balancing the low end and clarity. It feels like there's an octave or two in this mix that's lacking. Other than that no real complaints.
That said, I'd wait for a whipper snapper to come by and give their 2 cents.

Thanks for you comments, Roy. I hear what your saying about the overall brightness. I've been listening to a lot of black metal lately--which is usually all treble all day--so, that probably had an influence on this track. I really didn't do much processing on the guitars. Just some tape saturation on the channel strips to "warm" them up a bit. Then just a bit of EQ & compression on the guitar bus. Maybe I'll go back and do some tweaking while using something closer in style as a reference.
(04-03-2017, 04:38 PM)jeffssoloband Wrote: I've been listening to a lot of black metal lately--which is usually all treble all day--so, that probably had an influence on this track.
That would certainly explain it. Smile
I should give it a relisten to the mix with that in mind.