Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Flame Mixed by Doug
The Nolly trick (using the slate neve eq and boosting 2-3db at 750hz on the bass track) really works well for me lately. in 9 out of 10 times this fills the gap in the guitar wall that I didn't even know existed, hahaha Smile
Hey man,

Overall the levels and tones sound really nice (master 3), except for the verb for me. It muddies up the mix, imho. Maybe eq the return of the verb a touch? Or bring it down a little? Or maybe a touch of both?

I know it is adding power to the drums, but it feels like it covers a lot of the mix.

I think the punch of the song can come through with a little less, but from what I hear, it should be a powerful mix!

Cheers
Draper

Hi!
Pretty solid mix, but there is some critics for you:
1) Kick is not tasty. At all. It sounds 100% dead and does not fit in a mix.
2) Very noisy lows (100-300Hz), that bass really needs some control.
3) Guitars are not presented correctly. That's kinda "metal" song, bro. We miss guitars, we wanna to hear some "ROAR" actually.
Regardless all of that stuff your mix really sounds like a "song", you know. Good job!
Hey, great mix, Doug! I've only listened in the car (Flame Faux Master 3), but that's really my "final reference". I sounds just like what I hear in my head as I've started this mix -- heavy choruses and solid bottom end. My only feedback would be that the vocals could use a little volume automation at some points where they are obscured by the instruments. Other than that, really solid mix!