Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Last Legacy: 'Who's Who In Hell' kapu mix
Forgot to do those bass drops.

.m4a    last_legacy-__who_s_who_in_hell__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 10.86 MB)

(01-03-2017, 12:52 AM)kapu Wrote: Forgot to do those bass drops.
felt you used all the snare samples.. id try not too.. and the guitars seems quite muddy.. The master chain seemed to be nice tho
(21-03-2017, 05:26 AM)tubby98 Wrote: felt you used all the snare ...

Thanks for feedback. Can't remember, probably used every track. Tried to make the guitars as bright as possible without turning them into ear drills. ^_^
(01-03-2017, 12:52 AM)kapu Wrote: Forgot to do those bass drops.

In metal reverb is the enemy sometimes.
Reverb should add body and not swallow everything up around it.
Try automating the reverb where you want it to be apparent but don't let it just run rampant throughout your mix. I have to admit that it sounds really cool but its not working in this song.

The LDGTRs sound separate because of the effect your using is too strong.

Toms sound too boomy HPF to get rid of unwanted resonance and address the low mids and give them some highs around 4.5Khz to 5Khz....

Kick has lot of energy in the 100 to 160 hz. although it sounds fat and big but in the fast parts sounds blurry. Also, it needs more click. 4 to 6 Khz.
The snare is awesome but way loud, probably to cut though because of the crazy reverb and kick being the way they are.
CLNGTRs are too low in the bridge.
The big take away here is that you fx chain is super cool but is destroying the intelligibility of your mix. The fx that are supposed to glue things together are actually making them appear more separate.
I would try to get your mix to glue together without the fx and then add them to sweeten the mix.

I hope this helps cheers.

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(31-03-2017, 11:46 AM)wesleyamltd Wrote: In metal reverb ...

Thanks for feedback. For my skill level I'm quite satisfied with the sound, and if I'd try to change this I probably would 'feel' it anymore and just mess things up. ^_^

EDIT: Tried to make some small adjustments.
(31-03-2017, 06:13 PM)kapu Wrote:
(31-03-2017, 11:46 AM)wesleyamltd Wrote: In metal reverb ...

Thanks for feedback. For my skill level I'm quite satisfied with the sound

I totally dig that dude. It really does come down to what makes you happy in the end.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(31-03-2017, 06:47 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: I totally ...

Thanks! Although for me nowdays it's more about what the client likes. Usually the priorities for metal or rock are: 1) Needs to be loud and with high energy, even when the final mastering is done by a different more skilled engineer. 2) Drums/beats need to have LF punch. 3) Vocals (or leads) have to be somewhat intelligible. 4) Everything else just needs to be present at some level. So this is usually the starting point from which I begin practicing with material provided by this site. ^_^