Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why don t you stay
Hi guys, here's my mix..
Hope to have some feedback!
Thank you!

Will Vasconi

.mp3    why dont you stay (bnc1).mp3 --  (Download: 12.26 MB)

(25-02-2017, 03:03 AM)el saudi Wrote: Hi guys, here's my mix..
Hope to have some feedback!
Thank you!

Will Vasconi

------------
Will,

I liked you mix a lot. Just a few things come to mind. First, I really like the drums....nice punching and full sounding snare and the kick is nice (maybe a hair more low end). The vocals seem distant....can't really describe it.....they sound like they are in a different mix. Otherwise a pleasant and nice mix!

Later,
Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hei Tom,
thank you very much!

Yes I agree with you, because I didn't really know how I wanted the vocals sound..With the drums I knew!
But you mean in the verse or the chorus?
cause in the chorus I used a lot of long reverb on the backing and harmo..
maybe I exaggerated!

(28-02-2017, 01:38 AM)el saudi Wrote: Hei Tom,
thank you very much!

Yes I agree with you, because I didn't really know how I wanted the vocals sound..With the drums I knew!
But you mean in the verse or the chorus?
cause in the chorus I used a lot of long reverb on the backing and harmo..
maybe I exaggerated!

------

Will,

Yeah, maybe a little too much reverb on the back vox, but it's the lead vocal that I can't pinpoint the problem. Maybe you compressed it too much, but more likely it just needs to up in volume a db or two. I'm not sure. I'm learning here too. :-) Maybe try keeping a little more low end in the vocal and less processing. There is a siblance problem with the lead vocal that exists that we all have to deal with. The best way is to manually edit the siblance out because the de-essers are having a hard time dealing with them. I tried several different de-ess plugins and ended up having to use more than one together PLUS manual editing.....and in my mix it still isn't right. Hope some of what I said made sense.

Later.....

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
yes think I compressed too much..
I like your vocals, sounds more natural.
the "s" are bad! I edited manually on the lead, but I was lazy on the back and harmo and I used a de esser..