Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Long wait back home 1st mix
Hello ya all!

I´m losing my marbles with this song desperately trying to create that warm and full vintage sound what it (as far as i concern) needs..

Well, anyway, that i did not achieve but had to call it a day. As i´m still learning the ropes of the art of mixing, i´d like to get some comments or useful tips of how to and how definitely not to do it.

Thanks in advance Smile

- F.

.mp3    Long way back home_Downmix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.89 MB)

Nice sounding mix, being the first one. But drums need to sound fatter. Snare needs more of 100 to 200 Hz, and kick needs that 50 Hz that gives it strength and weight. Bass sounds good. Main vocal is the highlight of the mix. And backing vocals sound good. Mix sounds too clean , if you went for a modern vibe, than call it a day. But it needs more meat and fat down low and some dirt to sound vintage-ish.
(06-03-2017, 10:16 PM)Obelix Wrote: Nice sounding mix, being the first one. But drums need to sound fatter. Snare needs more of 100 to 200 Hz, and kick needs that 50 Hz that gives it strength and weight. Bass sounds good. Main vocal is the highlight of the mix. And backing vocals sound good. Mix sounds too clean , if you went for a modern vibe, than call it a day. But it needs more meat and fat down low and some dirt to sound vintage-ish.

Wow, a fast reply Smile

I definitely found the drum tracks hardest thing to work on, specially finding the balance between overheads and snare - the cymbals are such of a party-poopers. I tried to soften them down with drum-bussing a waves puigchild comp but did not achieve any decent result.

Anyway, i am appreciated with the given eq:ing tips and go on with those. Let´s see what comes out of that.

Cheers,

-F.