Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band - Good Time (Siniša Blagus Mix)
Here is my mix of Louis Cressy Band's song called "Good Time".
Looking forward to hearing your comments, critique and suggestions.
Thanks!

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - Good Time (Siniša Blagus Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

Interesting. The spaces you've created are unique and enjoyable. I think though, there may be some phasing issues or something causing the second guitar (the one which does the quick fills) is all but lost. There are also some snippets which jump out at times, like the attack on a compressor, missed. The balance of what I do hear is not bad and interestingly placed in the environment you created. I just think some nuance is missing.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
The snare seems like something that would be in a prince song. I love it.
(15-02-2017, 09:07 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Interesting. The spaces you've created are unique and enjoyable. I think though, there may be some phasing issues or something causing the second guitar (the one which does the quick fills) is all but lost. There are also some snippets which jump out at times, like the attack on a compressor, missed. The balance of what I do hear is not bad and interestingly placed in the environment you created. I just think some nuance is missing.

Good points, thank you very much. I will check my 2Bus compressor settings. I like to use slow attack, but it is probably too slow this time.
As far as guitar goes, I don't think there should be any phasing issues. There was conscious automation moves, to move guitar out of the way of vocals. Or just low static balance of guitar. Maybe it was little over the top, I exaggerated it too much probably. I probably should have used sidechained compressor for that.
(17-02-2017, 02:21 PM)adgreen Wrote: The snare seems like something that would be in a prince song. I love it.

Thanks Smile