Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Of A Romantic: 'The Well'
Death Of A Romantic: 'The Well'

This is my first time mixing heavy metal. Any feedback will be highly appreciated. I am totally out of my comfort zone on this one. Thank you all.

.mp3    Death of a Romantic- The Well.mp3 --  (Download: 10.76 MB)

You did really well for your first heavy metal mix. The balances are good and the tones sound nice. For this genre though, basically everything just needs to be brighter. You can try a high shelf on the master bus and see how far you can push the whole mix before going and tackling individual busses and tracks. It was mainly the kick drum that sounded like it needed the most boosting done to it. So its attack is close to the smack that you got on the first tom fill.

Other thing I noticed was a buildup in the 200hz area. But that might go away when you do some highend boosting.

Check out Alpha from Periphery, or a song from I See Stars to see how polished this stuff can be.
(13-02-2017, 06:30 AM)Friggy Wrote: You did really well for your first heavy metal mix. The balances are good and the tones sound nice. For this genre though, basically everything just needs to be brighter. You can try a high shelf on the master bus and see how far you can push the whole mix before going and tackling individual busses and tracks. It was mainly the kick drum that sounded like it needed the most boosting done to it. So its attack is close to the smack that you got on the first tom fill.

Other thing I noticed was a buildup in the 200hz area. But that might go away when you do some highend boosting.

Check out Alpha from Periphery, or a song from I See Stars to see how polished this stuff can be.

Thank you very much Friggy! I really appreciate your tips, and the reference point for this type of mixes. I will try to make the kick drum click more. Thanks again and i am looking forward to keep in touch with you through this forum