Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones - Why don't you stay (v2)
first draft of a finished mix (posted the edited raw version before). i'd still like to do some work (cleaning up/clipgaining/de-essing) on the mainvocal. found it hard to get right. by the way, listened to spandau ballet's 'true' as reference-track for the backingvocals. thoughts welcome!

second version:
tamed things a bit. used the raw vocal track instead of the processed one. aim was to get a clean poppy sound.

.mp3    Why don\'t you stay (v2).mp3 --  (Download: 13.35 MB)

.mp3    Why don\'t you stay (v1).mp3 --  (Download: 13.35 MB)

Hi loupe ,
I like your version ,Can hear your Spandau influence which is a great idea for a reference.
I'm hearing a touch heavy saturation on the keys and vocals ,maybe a touch less room track as the drums sound a touch wide in the side channels .
Just some thoughts on some minor things while listening but not a bid deal !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(12-02-2017, 12:09 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi loupe ,
I like your version ,Can hear your Spandau influence which is a great idea for a reference.
I'm hearing a touch heavy saturation on the keys and vocals ,maybe a touch less room track as the drums sound a touch wide in the side channels .
Just some thoughts on some minor things while listening but not a bid deal !

Well Done Big Grin
thanks. i'm going to try to tame the mix a bit, it sounds not good at all. (should have let it rest for a while before posting).
i couldn't get the vocal right so i used the raw vocal (v2) track instead of the processed one (v1). tried to make things smoother so i backed down some things and remastered. i feel it sounds a bit better, more in control. thoughts welcome.
Hi Loupi v2 is a lot better well done.
(11-02-2017, 09:15 PM)loupi Wrote: first draft of a finished mix (posted the edited raw version before). i'd still like to do some work (cleaning up/clipgaining/de-essing) on the mainvocal. found it hard to get right. by the way, listened to spandau ballet's 'true' as reference-track for the backingvocals. thoughts welcome!

second version:
tamed things a bit. used the raw vocal track instead of the processed one. aim was to get a clean poppy sound.

----------------
Loupi,

I really like your mix. My only critique would be that the lead vocal sounds a bit too distant and thin. The drums sound great and things are nicely glued. Nice job!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek