Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mix.
Hi all, I'm Stu. Long time lurker but gonna start uploading. I'll do critiques as well.
And Mike, thanks, really interesting comparing notes with your article, gonna do more of it.

.mp3    phre mix.mp3 --  (Download: 4.3 MB)

Real good mix some nice space.
Nottoo keen when the lead come in it
sticks out like a sore thumb a bit or tho
it sorts its self out.
Great stuff look forward to hearing more mixes from you.
Good to have you joining in on the action. Great mix Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi Stu

Great sounding mix keep them coming Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome, very kind.
takka360, yeah you may well be right re the lead gtrs, might've overdone it a bit. Thanks for your feedback.
good mix, Stu!! welcome to the action!! lurking is alright, but when you really learn is when you know what to improve, and that is what your listeners will tell you.
Hey Stu, welcome. I haven't listened yet but I'm pretty sure you're 'The' Manuke, so I'm really glad you're going to be putting up mixes and critiques here. Your remix of Creepoid 'Old Tree' is one of the most inspiring I've heard (sorry if I blew your cover 'beginner' Tongue)
(22-06-2013, 09:02 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: good mix, Stu!! welcome to the action!! lurking is alright, but when you really learn is when you know what to improve, and that is what your listeners will tell you.
Hey thanks mate, surprised to get any comments so I appreciate it, think I might have fun here. And yep, I'm here to learn for sure.
(22-06-2013, 10:20 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote: Hey Stu, welcome. I haven't listened yet but I'm pretty sure you're 'The' Manuke, so I'm really glad you're going to be putting up mixes and critiques here. Your remix of Creepoid 'Old Tree' is one of the most inspiring I've heard (sorry if I blew your cover 'beginner' Tongue)
Thanks mate, your post just made my day, but I don't think you blew my cover as you're probably the only person who knows who I am! But thanks a lot for mentioning Creepoid, might well be my favourite so I'm glad someone else gets it too. Dunno if I should post some of that stuff here as well? Just gonna be doing 'normal' mixes here as opposed to the other stuff for a while. Can't hurt I guess. Is that your GS username too?

(22-06-2013, 04:40 PM)manuke Wrote: Thanks mate, your post just made my day, but I don't think you blew my cover as you're probably the only person who knows who I am! But thanks a lot for mentioning Creepoid, might well be my favourite so I'm glad someone else gets it too. Dunno if I should post some of that stuff here as well? Just gonna be doing 'normal' mixes here as opposed to the other stuff for a while. Can't hurt I guess. Is that your GS username too?

On GS I've only posted a couple of straight mixes as hamish dyson. Maybe some people don't 'get' your remixes, but I'm in good company with Brian McTear and Peter English at the very least!

'Straight' mixing or more mainstream production, and especially mastering does involve some different technical considerations, and this website is a good place to develop those skills, so you'll get plenty out of it I'm sure.

There is one song on here that to me is crying out for the 'manuke' treatment and that is 'Dad's Glad' (by 'blue lit moon'). What do you think, have you listened or got the multitrack?