Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Why Don't You Stay' what are the weaknesses?
It is too compressed the mastering? Confused

.mp3    Ronnie Jones \'Why Don\'t You Stay\'.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

Reaper 6 , Focal Alpha 65 , my knowledge

Contact me :
[email protected]
You have a great mix going on but why are you afraid of low frequency? boost it up see how it feels. and also try to use parallel compression on your mix. it will help you bring instruments pop out. Your kick doesn't have any high frequency that will make it masked by other elements. Use high pass anything which is coming against your drum check polarity. finally mix in mono and you will get better mix since you are already in the right track. Im not try to spoil anything but I boosted around 90hz and cut around 1k plus I cracked up the harrison tape and uploaded your own mix. It is not perfect but while you are having your multi track with you, you can make your mix sound better with no times. with a little parallel compression trick.

.mp3    session_Ronnie Jones \'Why Don\'t You Stay\'.mp3 --  (Download: 12.59 MB)

Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
parallel compression in mastering?Thanks for the advice of kick.! Blush
I will not comment or judge the frequency of the sounds in detail because surely we mix in different rooms (with flaws or strengths) with different speakers!
Reaper 6 , Focal Alpha 65 , my knowledge

Contact me :
[email protected]
Parallel compression for your drum even guitar, bass, vocal finally mastering. It is a combination of small thing. Don't try to make it loud watch your mater not to go clip or on your k14 mastering meter try not to inter 0 while you are mixing the drum only. after you added different elements like drum bass and other try to be on the ball park of 0 to 4 of k14 meter. However, if you need the volume don't reach to put your fader up reach for your interface volume controller use that one.
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.