Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devil's Words :)
I would like to thank the band Actions who offered these tracks for mixing practice purposes Smile

.mp3    master new 5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

I'm noticing a serious lack of low end in your mix, taking the bass out of the intro really was a terrible idea it just sounds awkward, it kind of works for the first prechorus though. The big thing I also gathered from this mix is that you've thrown every effect in the book at it and applied way too much reverb, it's alot of style over substance here, you need to take all your effects and processing off and start from scratch.

Start by bringing up the drums and getting a balance without processing, then bring in the bass, followed by the guitars and work with that until you get a rough balance, from there think to yourself "what does this track need processing wise?". Just start working with some basic EQ and compression to fit the instruments together tighter and combat any frequency clashing. Once you get the instrumental parts worked out, add in the vocals and work from there.

Your mix as of now sounds like you've been mixing on a monitoring setup you aren't used to, is just not up to the task of mixing, or in a room that isn't well treated and is fooling you on what your mix sounds like. What are you mixing on?

Cheers, and hope this helps
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
thank you
yes, i agree.
it sounds flat and at some parts, especially in the verse, is too much reverb