Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan: 'Backroom In Tulsa'
My mix took 2 hours.I never had a listen to the track or any other mixes i find that better just to do my own thing that way

.mp3    tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

I like it !
I think you have captured the idea of wesley up close singing to you with the band playing in the background !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thats the idea,thanks Don
Great mix takka!I see we have the same approach on this one, though you end up with a much better mix than i do!The only thing i would like is some automation to make it more interesting, overall i like it a lot!
Cheers for the feedback,Don.Gopener.
Good song to mix,great singer.
As thedon and gopener have said the up close vocal sounds fantastic. The balance between the vocal and the instruments is great. I think you captured the spirit of the song perfectly.
Thank you Sano glad you like it
Think your snare's too small and thin, and maybe a bit heavy on the low mids on the bass? Apart from that sounds great, vocals are really good.
Hi ,yes i like the bass like that as that s what a stand up bass should sound like for me.
The snare em i dont have problem with myself.
cheers for the feedback
Nice work and sonic idea..
As gopener said some automation here would be fine. For example solo is very low at the moment. But as you said, you did it very quickly, so then there's not too much time for automations.