Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alone With You: Need Feedback
Please write some criticism and feedback. It would help me a lotBlush

Thanks

.mp3    Final_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

I like your mix man. I like how you brought the drums out. I head each element. As you know, the crashes are really loud in this song, but you' ve seemed to have found a way to control them. Vocals sit right in the pocket of this song too. You cut some of the crud off the vocals. I like your mix man. It was pretty good.
This is quite ok but I feel like to mix has not enough depth of field, everything is at the same level.
Not too bad honestly!

A really lively vibey with the type verb on the drums, and vox.
the live performance vibe may be due to the "rawness" of the sound which i very much love. If you want to take more advantage with that, i suggest throwing the drum mix, into audience perspective.
The Toms, are ALOT louder than the rest of the kit, and i suggest a high pass filter, 24 db/oct at like 2-300hz.
The kick sounded decent but lacks just a touch of that beater sound with other things playing, and when alone lacks the top end "smack" of the batter head (around 5khz most cases) so maybe on the quieter parts, where the kick hits alone, have a 5khz boost (or raise your high shelf frequency) then automate back to where it sounds right. just enough top end smack to bring it through with low end. If the attack on your compressor is set pretty low (under 30ms) for the kick channel in this scenario, i would back off on your ratio a bit, and raise your attack.

As far as depth of field that guy has a point, maybe you didn't mean too, but once the vocalist gets into it, at about 3:30 he jumps perfectly out in front of the mix with his passion and you either let it happen or embraced it so GOOD JOB MAN! but still MORE FADER RIDING!
Use that part as an example for your Fader Automation and riding.

The guitars sound awesome. maybe play around a bit with automating their positions.

Bass guitar sounds great. deserves a little bit of compression id say to just touch on the harder strums and bring them down. you could also take care of that with fader riding.

Hopefully thats not too much lol i like to rant
anyways KEEP IT UP!Cool