Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't You Stay - Olli H
Hi Olli

sounds great on my phones , only thing for me is probably a bit of air on the vocal to lift it out a bit . Definitely not sterile mate sounds great on my phones. Some of the mixes I have listed to don't translate as well to the phones

keep Rockin

Memphis

Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
great mix! i think i prefer the first version though. bringing down the vocals makes the guitars maybe just stick out a bit too much in v2. i like the way you panned them.
I like it Olli,

Listening with headphones, I particularly like how you have pushed the individual elements of the arrangement and made good room for them without any parts being too invasive. Keeps the song sonically exciting. Very tasteful.

Lovely clean sound.
(02-02-2017, 06:12 PM)Olli H Wrote: Here's another sterile pop mix by me.

With vox I had in my mind Bob Dylan's "Nashville Skyline" LP, where his voice is weird, thick and nasal. I love that sound. Everything else I just build around it one by one.

I'm not sure if my shortened intro works at all, but it just came into my mind...

EDIT: latest version in post #8

-----------
Olli,

I think you nailed it buddy.....NICE! Best drum sound I've heard on this one. My only comment would be I would like to have heard just a bit more effect on the lead vocal....sounds a bit too centered and dry....but that's just a taste thing. Great job!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek