Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time mix submission here... be gentle!!!! :)
Hi all,

Been a long time reader of SOS and Mike's work, really appreciate this wonderful free resource online. Big qudos to Mike and the community members for making it so awesome!

So i thought i would stick my head above the parapet and submit my mix.

BIGTIME CAVEAT: I didn't go all the way through the 'zen' part at the end. I might get pilloried for that but i didn't really have the energy to create a whole new vibe as the main song took enough time!!!

anyhoo, let me know what you all think. Please be gentle.

Thanks again all for creating such a cool place to discover!!!

Smile

.mp3    Dune Rider (musoben mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

Hello musoben.I found your drums are overpower anything else.I would bring down the drums and the bass to balance the song better.Plus some more reverb on the entire mix would be nice (individually i mean).
I would work better the guitar too, on the eq side!I like the bass sound you got a lot.
(19-06-2013, 07:46 AM)gopener Wrote: Hello musoben.I found your drums are overpower anything else.I would bring down the drums and the bass to balance the song better.Plus some more reverb on the entire mix would be nice (individually i mean).
I would work better the guitar too, on the eq side!I like the bass sound you got a lot.

Hello gopener,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my mix, and thanks for your feedback.

For me, i was quite pleased with the drums and bass, and I agree i have been overzealous in their level! too much hiphop on my ipod might be to blame a little too!! haha

yeah, i struggled with the gtr tone to be honest, a lot of folks here seem to have fattened them up. guitarists tend to be very tone-aware, so as i couldn't really see a clear way to make them tonally more suited to the mix, i just rolled off sub 150 and added a touch of edge around 1.5.

Your compliment on the bass sound is really pleasing as I have been really working to make the low end work. thanks for that.

I think my approach to getting through a good number of these mixes on the site is to take feedback on board for the next mix, rather than adjust the mixes based on feedback. Do you think that makes sense?

Thanks again Gopener.
(19-06-2013, 09:21 AM)musoben Wrote:
(19-06-2013, 07:46 AM)gopener Wrote: Hello musoben.I found your drums are overpower anything else.I would bring down the drums and the bass to balance the song better.Plus some more reverb on the entire mix would be nice (individually i mean).

Hello gopener,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my mix, and thanks for your feedback.

For me, i was quite pleased with the drums and bass, and I agree i have been overzealous in their level! too much hiphop on my ipod might be to blame a little too!! haha

yeah, i struggled with the gtr tone to be honest, a lot of folks here seem to have fattened them up. guitarists tend to be very tone-aware, so as i couldn't really see a clear way to make them tonally more suited to the mix, i just rolled off sub 150 and added a touch of edge around 1.5.

Your compliment on the bass sound is really pleasing as I have been really working to make the low end work. thanks for that.

I think my approach to getting through a good number of these mixes on the site is to take feedback on board for the next mix, rather than adjust the mixes based on feedback. Do you think that makes sense?

Thanks again Gopener.
Thats exactly my approach on feedback!I like to leave mixes as they are on there own, not massage them time to time and end up with a sterile music track!Keep up dude!Smile
Cool man, thanks for the encouragement Gopener! selecting my next mix as we speak, any recommendations?
On the same genre i would say bulldozer!Big Grin
(19-06-2013, 11:17 AM)gopener Wrote: On the same genre i would say bulldozer!Big Grin

cool, I'll check it out

thanks! Smile