Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May be I'm a little bit late to the "party" - I'm Alright
Just came over this tread now, so I'm leaving in my mix. It's a little bit different from other mixes here as I'v heard through a lot of them. It's supposed to have more "air" and "space" around instruments than the most, if I got it right - and it's not only reverb. I'm also done some slightly other priorities in the balance and use of instruments that's seems to be common.

And as other are saying, replies are welcomed.

Best

Steinar :-)

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 5.68 MB)

Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
I think there are too much reverb for my taste
You can back them off a bit until you just feel them
And the snare drum needs more attack
(13-06-2017, 04:46 PM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote: I think there are too much reverb for my taste
You can back them off a bit until you just feel them
And the snare drum needs more attack

Thank you for your feedback. I very much agree with you about the snare. It needs more attack and some other adjustment as well. The tricky part here are that the snare are present on several track, so adjustments can be a challenge, but that's my job to figure out.

The reverb part are more special. First, I use some techniques to get air and space into mix. This should make the sound more 3 dimensjonal than just left/right panning. The problem though is that .MP3 remove some of this effect and you are left with a feeling of reverb instead. Not much, but enough that I can hear this degradation, though I use optimal detailed .MP3 compression. To quote Alan Parsons(sound engineer of Pink Floyd "Dark siden of the moon"): "The worst thing happen to music is MP3".

Steinar :-)
Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface