Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Why Don't You Stay (All tracks mixed with analog EQ/COMP) || Mix - ANALOG SUMMING
[quote='Digitaldruglord' pid='56619' dateline='1486788160']
This is excellent.

Thanks for listening! I appreciate it!

(01-02-2017, 09:46 PM)RogerAlmeida Wrote: I heard a lot of good mixes of this song here. I decided to try
I hope you like it!!!!!

Hello Roger, this is a terrific mix!!

Can you please tell me what are the reference song or songs you used for this song, im currently practicing mixing and I cant find a reference song so i would follow some guidelines through it.
[quote='dcp10200' pid='56626' dateline='1486826568']
Probably my favorite version of this track, it's pretty much radio ready as it is. My only real critique is that during the verses the vocals could be pushed higher up and the guitars and keys could be pushed down a couple of dBs, otherwise it's great!

Cheers, and keep it up Roger!
Doug

Hi, Doug. thanks for ur feedback!

I just want to preface this by saying this is a good sounding mix. That said, I think we're not being totally helpful in making it better. I have a couple of minor issues.
-It feels a little "grainy" to me. I'm betting it might be the mp3 or conversion.
-It could have more dynamics. It's a little flat sounding. I wish the chorus 'bloomed' a little more. Just get a little bigger. It sounds like a bunch of great sounding elements balanced well but I think it could be more musical and support the story of the song more. I think there can be another one or two effects in the song that just catch the listener's ear some more. Nothing too dramatic.

Don't misunderstand. I think this is a great mix (certainly better than any of mine) but I think with some tweaks you can take it to the next level. You already have a great ear for making the parts sound great. Now think about the emotional level.
I'm just trying to push you a little further.

Hope that helps.
Roy
Hey man !

Wow very punch mix ! Love your drums !

Some little things I would fix: overall your mix lacks some mid frequencies. It sounds pretty hifi. Maybe some multiband compression or EQ on your master can fix that. The vocals have aggressive sibilances and sound a bit harsh in general. You can deess more or reduce some 4 kHz and above.
Finally, the vocals in the bridge are out of tune on the first part (both lead and harmony). Strange the producer left these like this.

Overall it's a great job you did ! Congrats !

great mix ! all instruments are clear, very nice drums, kick and snare are punchy but not heavy, you master your eq's and your comps !

Thanks for listening and comment, man!

I think its very disingenuous of someone that I look in this post and see it rated 3 stars. I rated it 5 to get the stars up because this poster is obviously skilled.

The first confidence of a "professional" is to learn how to respect and enjoy the work of others. Everyone has a right to be confident in their own work, but professionals help each other, not throw stones to compensate for a lack of one's own skill.

Every mixer has a slightly different way of doing things, we all build from each other in some way. At least be forthcoming and comment on why you feel this post deserves 3 stars and then the gesture can be received with respect and honor of the poster's (excellent) effort.

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Personally I never put any stock into the stars. I see a lot people put 5 stars on their own posts these days. Before they even have any views. I have no idea if anything I've posted have any stars.
Comments, positive or negative have way more importance.
(16-02-2017, 02:43 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Personally I never put any stock into the stars. I see a lot people put 5 stars on their own posts these days. Before they even have any views. I have no idea if anything I've posted have any stars.
Comments, positive or negative have way more importance.

Concur.. but the stars, when seen, comes off as a cheap shot when the comments are displaying positive responses.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Hello Roger, this is a terrific mix!!

Can you please tell me what are the reference song or songs you used for this song, im currently practicing mixing and I cant find a reference song so i would follow some guidelines through it.

Hey, man. For this song, I haven't used any other song as a reference. I just listened to the original song and tried to do my best!

Thanks for listening!