Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain (Short Version)
Here is my version of the mix. Feel free to criticise. I also want to thank artist for sharing this track.

Thank you for listening.

.mp3    Final_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 718.26 KB)

Hi Borut

Thanks for mixing our track. This is the first short version I think someone has submitted - there should be a prize for that Smile

First impression for me was with the bass - sounded well balanced and controlled to me. My second impression was that the lead vocal gets a bit buried behind (a) background vocals which are relatively a bit loud and (b) a tremolo guitar part - I can't believe I am saying that, being the guitar player Smile

I think if you were to reduce the volume of those two elements, it would bring the overall balance into check a bit - I really want to hear the lead vocal shine in that last chorus !

Thanks again for mixing and sharing Borut !

Thomas
Hi Thomas
I really appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking time to help me improve. I'll take time to try to repair the mix and then send it back.
Thanks again for the advice and for sharing this track for learning purposesSmile
Hi again,
So I tried to repair the mix I think it sounds better compared to the first one. Please comment if you hear something that i could still do better.
Thank you for help!

.mp3    Final_mix_repaired3again.mp3 --  (Download: 718.38 KB)

Sounds better ! The balance feels improved over the last version. Some low mid mud to my ear - if you were looking to tweak your mix further, this may be an area to look at.

Thomas