Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise, Revelations
Great track and stems (from 1975)from real tape wow, its like a rock funk and i love that mid 8, i wonder if Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards( pre CHIC disco era) ever heard this track?

.mp3    Street Noise Revelations.mp3 --  (Download: 10.52 MB)

Hi cudjoe,
Cool Version great balance, I like the snare maybe just a slight eq around 2.5-5k area to tame some papery sound.
Can hear some frequencies competing for space around 300 hz area with the vocals,snare ,mainly the bongos and organ ,it could be just the organ which has a lot of resonant peaks in that area which rolling off may also help !
Try having a play around with rolling off everything below maybe 400 hz on the bongoes and organ and hear If makes a subtle difference ?
Well Done !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-01-2017, 08:25 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi cudjoe,
Cool Version great balance, I like the snare maybe just a slight eq around 2.5-5k area to tame some papery sound.
Can hear some frequencies competing for space around 300 hz area with the vocals,snare ,mainly the bongos and organ ,it could be just the organ which has a lot of resonant peaks in that area which rolling off may also help !
Try having a play around with rolling off everything below maybe 400 hz on the bongoes and organ and hear If makes a subtle difference ?
Well Done !
Cheers Big Grin
Totally with you on that one don so i made some adjustments on mix 2 cheers pal.

.mp3    Street Noise Revelations mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.53 MB)

listening to mix 2 ,sounds much cleaner and tighter kick and bass in the low frequencies.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Cheers don
Hah, have to agree with thedon that snare sustain has a "papery" quality in the sustain at upper mid frequencies. Funny how he described it as "papery," as for me it sounds a bit like that door sound effect from older Star Trek. I believe that "swooshing" sound effect was created by dragging paper against some surface. Perhaps manipulating the snare sample to sound less obvious could help? Anywas, lovely punch and separation in the mix. Maybe some excessive peaking from the overheads/ride cymbal at 8k? Or the overheads are just a bit too upfront/wide or something. But it's a good mix anyways, and you can keep as it is. I'm just thinking out loud what I personally would still pay some attention. Bass and kick sound very nice. Very good work! ^_^
[quote='kapu' for me it sounds a bit like that door sound effect from older Star Trek.
"Captain to the bridge "lol thanks for your comments I agree with you, I like a bit of the old star trek Smile.